Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. To protect yourself, please do the following:
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
2. Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
3. Avoid touching your face.
4. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
5. Stay home if you feel unwell.
6. Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
7. Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Remember, prevention is better than cure.